Monday, November 16, 2009

I know I have seen this before..........

I truly enjoy looking at work by Andrea Joseph and France Belleville. So in their honor here is my canon camera. I rarely leave home without it.

I enjoy working with ink, (even though I am not nearly as good as crosshatch as the above mentioned artists). I purchased several ink pens from across the pond after I had read a post by Andrea Joseph. They have a very fine tip. I drew this in my watercolor sketchbook. I had several doodles on these pages and I wanted them to disappear so I covered the pages with gesso. The ink sat on top of the pages and I had a little difficulty with it smearing if you touched it at all. I have trouble keeping and posting pages I don't like, so I usually cover over them with collage, gesso or whatever. I have tried to leave the ones I don't like but just cant seem to do it. I think I will revisit this subject on different paper.

10 comments:

  1. Just jumped over to Andrea and France's blogs to check out their work and, by George, I think you've got it! Wonderful linework on your camera. Know how you feel about keeping what you don't like. Sometimes I can handle it - and other times, out comes the white acrylic paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your drawing is wonderful! Great job! I think you are being too hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. This is amazing! Wonderful drawing really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a great drawing. Wish I could do so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic looking drawing! Lots of volume, and very powerful lines, totally brings out the durability and the versatility of the camera ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's neat! Very impressive drawing - you have your own style and it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicki! Thank you for signing up to follow my blog - so appreciate it! Your drawing is exquisite! I don't draw and wish I was more comfortable with it as it would no doubt help my art considerably. I will look forward to visiting your blog more and seeing what you are busy creating....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful. A fantastic drawing and you're as good as Frances and Andrea. Love your drawings!
    MD

    ReplyDelete