Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Handmade Journal & Moleskines



Here it is! This is my stack of moleskines and 1 handmade journal. I had mentioned in an earlier post that I was going to bind my own journal with heavy watercolor paper and here it is. I found an instruction video at http://milliande.ning.com/ which was very helpful.

Actually I made two journals. They are slightly different. In the first one I used 4 signatures with 4 pages and in the second one I used just 2 pages in 6 signatures. I used illustration board which I covered with brown kraft paper for the covers and handmade college papers for the end papers. I had to improvise as I didnt have any waxed thread in which to sew the signatures together but I found embroiders thread works quite nicely.

I was wanting to try to add watercolor to my sketches but I didnt want an entire journal of wrapped and buckled pages. So I made my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment